The hoverboard industry is seeing a massive comeback in 2017 and this is thanks in no small part to the famous Swagway Swagtron Brand. It is no secret that Swagway has been an industry leader going by the amount of resources and extensive research that it has put in, producing excellent and safe hoverboards that are worth talking about. Their 2015 product the Swagway X1 was one of the top selling self balancing scooters in 2015, and in 2016 they’ve released two new products that have raised the bar even higher – the SwagTron T1 and the SwagTron T3.
Is There a Hoverboard Better Then Swagtron T3?
In 2017 new hoverboards have come to the market which makes the Swagtron T3 outdated. The TOP product in 2017 is the ScooterEra EXTREME. This bluetooth, offroad, robust and feature rich hoverboard puts all other hoverboards on the market in their dust.
Not only is the ScooterEra extreme a great learning hoverboard it can be used by advanced riders in the toughest of circumstances!
I’ve already reviewed the popular SwagTron T1, so this article is my review of its ‘big brother’ the SwagTron T3. This exciting new hoverboard has given us a lot to look forward to and as one of the safest on the market (as well as some added extras) may well be equally popular. Let’s start by taking a look at the top features and specifications of this product:
- 1 Is There a Hoverboard Better Then Swagtron T3?
- 1.1 Unboxing The SwagTron T3
- 1.2 Features and specifications
- 1.3 Three Riding Modes – Learner, Standard & Pro
- 1.4 Is this hoverboard safe?
- 1.5 Which Model – SwagTron T1 or T3?
- 1.6 Pros
- 1.7 Cons
- 1.8 SwagTron Price – How much does it cost?
- 1.9 How to get a $10 SwagTron Discount:
- 1.10 Warranty information
- 1.11 My final verdict on the SwagTron T3
- 1.12 Where to buy SwagTron?
Unboxing The SwagTron T3
Here’s an awesome video of an unboxing of this model – this includes a lot of the same info you’ll read later on in our SwagTron T3 review but some people prefer to watch a video than read! Plus you’ll see some great close ups of the product and comparison between this and the Segway Minipro.
Features and specifications
- Smart Battery Management System – The SwagTron T3 has been fitted with a smart battery management system commonly referred to as Smart BMS. This is able to monitor voltage closely so that you are kept within the right voltage and detects overcharging of the lithium ion battery. It protects the battery from over current and short circuiting which greatly increases the safety of the product.Still on battery safety, this self balancing scooter has been fitted with cutting edge technology referred to as SentryShield. This is a system that constitutes of an air-tight aluminum chamber that contains the lithium ion battery. It serves two major roles and first one being that it protects the battery from fire. Secondly, it shields the battery from any damage. This system has passed the highest quality certification, namely the original UL 10-ton battery crush test. Keep in mind that this product broke the record as the worlds first self balancing scooter to pass this critical test to get full UL approval.
- Features that ensure an easier ride – The SwagTron T3 promises and delivers an easier, safer ride to users. To begin with, it comes with a dual independent motor that is upgraded. Gear stabilization in the control is also evident. These features are responsible for the sturdier, more stable feel and a smoother ride in general.
- Incombustible outer shelling – It has a shell made from proprietary polycarbonate. This material ensures that any fire threat is contained within, ensuring safety of the user. In addition, the product is strong and durable despite being very light.
- Enhanced foot-pads – The foot-pads have been upgraded to make them wider and non-slip. The overall grip is pretty impressive and you won’t feel like you’re going to slip off when tilting the board to move.
- Open wheel and better traction tires – The T3 enjoys better wheel rotation thanks to the open wheels and upgraded traction tires.
- SwagTron App for Android and IOS smartphones – As already mentioned, there is a SwagTron app that activates the third riding mode for professinal hover-board riders. Apart from this function, the app has many other cool add-ons enabling you to check route history, battery status, set routes and much more. This app is unique to the T3 as few other hoverboards on the market (including the SwagTron T1) come with this addition.
- BlueTooth quad speakers – These speakers ensure that you listen to your favorite music as you ride along. All you have to do is pair it with your mobile device.
- LED lights – This hoverboard comes with color-coded LED lights that are highly stylish and even customizable. Their purpose is to highlight, illuminate or indicate movement.
- Built in Carry Strap – Users do not have to worry about moving this product from place to place because it comes with a built-in carry strap (on the bottom of the product) ensuring convenience and hassle-free carrying.
Other specifications include a variety of colors among them black, white, blue pink and gold. The maximum weight capacity of this product is 220 pounds. The maximum speed is 8 miles per hour and it comes with a lithium-ion battery. The product comes with a charger as well. The dimensions are a height of 4 inches, width of 23 inches and a depth of 7 inches. The weight of the product is 22 pounds, which is much lighter and easier to carry than previous models.
Three Riding Modes – Learner, Standard & Pro
The SwagTron T3 hoverboard is one of the simplest self balancing boards to use. If you are a newbie to hoverboarding, then you can start with the learner mode which is slower and more stable – this is also perfect for kids. In the learner mode, the foot pad sensitivity is lower making it ideal for first-timers.
If you have bit of experience then the second ‘standard’ mode is for you. This mode sees the speed, stabilization and sensitivity on the regular setting.
And for those who are experts in hoverboard riding, the pro mode eliminates all the speed limits for the fastest ride possible. However, for safety reasons, this mode is only available through the SwagTron smartphone App.
You can easily switch between modes at the press of a button.
Is this hoverboard safe?
The T3 is one of the safest hoverboards on the market today. To start with, it is UL 2272 certified. There are very few products that have currently got this standard certification which is new for 2016. In fact Swagtron was the first brand in the world to get certified! UL stands for Underwriter Laboratories who are an authority on safety standards. All the test requirements by UL were passed including overcharge, short circuit, vibration, shock, crash, drop and mold tests – the list of tests goes on and on. To check if your hoverboard is UL certified look for the UL holographic sticker on the bottom of your product.
The product also meets the environmental standards requirements and has certifications like the UN38.3, CE, FCC, Prop 65 and RohS. This is also a zero emissions product so safe for the environment!
Which Model – SwagTron T1 or T3?
There are many differences between the SwagTron T3 and T1:
- To begin with, the SwagTron T3 comes in a more modern and futuristic design making it more stylish overall.
- The T1 version only comes in 2 modes unlike the T3 which enjoys three modes – learner, standard and pro.
- The SwagTron T3 is enhanced with a 5 level charge indicator, something that the T1 doesn’t have. This shows you where your battery power is at.
- The smartphone app is also only available for the T3 mode and not the T1.
- In addition, the SwagTron T3 come with the added extra of high quality BlueTooth speakers.
- The T3 also comes with a built in carrying strap which makes for easier transportation.
- Lastly of course there’s a difference in price – the T3 costs $100 more than the T1.
There are many pros when it comes to the SwagTron T3 – here are just a few:
- Stylish look with a durable shell which makes the product hard to scratch and long lasting.
- The impressive smartphone app is a revolutionary new addition to hoverboarding
- The riding modes offer different speed limits giving every person a choice of what suits them. The learning mode is particularly useful for younger users or the older generation until they find their balance.
- UL 2272 certification means that your product is safe and you won’t have to worry about hoverboard fires.
- The Bluetooth speakers are an excellent way to enjoy your music as your ride.
It’s pretty hard to find anything negative to say about this product but a few things are worth mentioning. This product is slightly expensive compared to other hoverboards on the market. However, considering the new features and safety measures, the price hike does make sense – UL testing doesn’t come cheap and this particular model does come with extras that NO other hoverboard currently has.
Anther potential downside is the ability for newbies to access the pro riding mode which can lead to accidents and injuries. In this regard, the company has put out a disclaimer meaning that every user will have to take responsibility for their actions. Just follow the instructions in the manual though and you shouldn’t have any problems.
SwagTron Price – How much does it cost?
Although more expensive than the $300 generic brand Chinese hoverboards that were for sale previously (many of which went on fire or had battery explosions), this brand offers good value for money. Especially when there are still $500-$1500 hoverboards for sale that DON’T have UL 2272 certification. Here’s what you can expect to pay (approximately):
T1 price: $399.99
T3 price: $499.99
For the most part you’ll find that the price is the same no matter where you buy (you can find SwagTron for sale at a number of different online and offline retailers). However if you purchase from the official website we can give you a $10 discount code (works on either model). Also, depending on where you buy you may have to pay for shipping.
How to get a $10 SwagTron Discount:
To get $10 off just copy the following discount code: SWAG-1894A588KSJG
Then visit the official website where you can order the product of your choice and apply the discount when you get to the shopping cart.
This will give you $10 OFF and FREE shipping.
The SwagTron T3 comes with a standard 1 year warranty. This warranty will cover any flaws that result from workmanship and any defects in the materials used. If you use it wrongly and cause damage then you might see your warranty become null and void so make sure to read the user manual. For example, this hoverboard should not be used to jump off sidewalks. The warranty is relevant from the date of purchase.
My final verdict on the SwagTron T3
The SwagTron T3 has definitely been enhanced to provide better safety and quality than similar products that went before. This hoverboard brand is still one of only a handful that has full UL 2272 certfication, and that alone is a big selling point.
This is a dynamic product that gives users options for colour, multiple riding modes for different experience levels, an app, and even bluetooth. If you don’t need all those bells and whistles and are looking for something a bit more standard (and $100 cheaper) then you may prefer the Swagtron T1, particularly if you’re buying for a child.
Swagway have definitely gone the extra mile to deliver a winning product and user reviews confirm this.
All in all, this board gives you superb value for your money and is worth checking out. The brand is a reputable one and they’ve made safety and functionality priority with this great self balancing scooter.
Where to buy SwagTron?
Here’s a list of some of the retailers that stock the SwagTron hoverboard (both the T1 and T3). The price is pretty much the same no matter where you buy, although some offer free shipping and some charge for shipping.
- The official Swagway website
- eBay (authorized seller is ‘claimthis’)
- Best Buy
- Modell’s Sporting Goods
- BJ’s Wholesale
I’ll add to this list as the product becomes available for sale at more retail outlets.
I hope you’ve found my SwagTron T3 review useful! To read user reviews I recommend visiting Amazon.com or if you have questions please post in the comments section (I’ll help if I can) or visit the official website to contact their customer service.
Is The SwagTron T3 Any Good? Here’s My Honest Review
Ease Of Use
Quality Of Workmanship
The SwagTron T1 but with awesome bluetooth speakers, an app, a built in carry strap, and a brand new futuristic design. Like the T1, the T3 comes with full UL 2272 certification so you don't have to worry about safety. This is currently one of the best hoverboards on the market and is likely to be a top seller.